II'm allergic to my dorm room

In 2008, I started my second master at the university of Leuven, Belgium. As a student I stayed in a dorm room. Well, not really a dorm room because it was in house where the owner lived. It was in Heverlee, part of Leuven.

Anyway, after moving in, my right eye started to itch again. So, most of the time I just studied at the university buildings.

Things that were in my (very small) room of this rather old house:
  • floor were stone tiles
  • wooden closet, not so old
  • fairly new wooden desk
  • a computer
  • a computer screen (plastic, Samsung)
  • a laptop (Sony Vaio)
Things around me:
  • a view on the front lawn
  • outside of the city
  • train passing by every now and then
  • not really much traffic outside

In the summer I moved the back of the house, to another room, where I had the exact same problems (itchy right eye).
  • It was a little closer to the rail way
  • A little closer to the highway
  • a view on the back lawn
I didn't have any problems in other rooms of the house.

Not my stuff in the room, but previous student's stuff.



Update:
(2016) When I think about this and the things I wrote down back then, I can only conclude that it must have been something I brought with me. I also remember I stopped using my Samsung computer screen and the itchyness was less worse. But that could also be caused by the fact that starring a computer screen is harder than starring at a laptop screen.

Comments