I'm allergic to glasses

It's May 2007, I'm 22 years old and in my last year of my first masters degree and it's time for a new pair of glasses. I've been wearing my old frames ones since 2000. So that's 7 years. Time for new ones:

Frame 2, Lenses B

The "specs" for these new glasses:
Frame material:
plastics at the sides   + metal in the front
Frame brand:
Gucci
Lens brand:
Essilor
Lens material:
Lineïs 1.74 (Aspheric)
nd:
1.74
Lens coating:
Alizé
Pupil distance:
58 mm
Prescription:
Right

Left
SFR
CYL
AXIS

SFR
CYL
AXIS
-4.50
-2.75
180°

-6.00
-1.00
180°

As you can see, only my left eye changed a bit. -6.00 instead of -5.50. I started wearing them once in while because I couldn't get used to them. It seemed like my eyes had a hard time looking through the lenses. I always thought it was because the lenses were smaller and therefore the lenses were somehow "squashed" and it was harder to look through them. But that seems like an absurd explanation now :-)

When studying, I always went back to first pair of classes as it was easier to read with them. Especially when reading of a computer screen. It felt like my eyes got a little sore. Also, I sneezed a lot, especially on a sunny day.


Comments